The CPL is the largest Twenty20 cricket event in the Caribbean. So if you’re looking for a premier event to bet on in international cricket, you should take a look at this article!
To get you started, we’ll leave you with our top picks for the best CPL betting sites. Then we’ll explain a bit about the event, the teams and our predictions.
We’ll also leave you with some tips and our selection of online bookies to bet on the CPL. If you read this all the way through, we’re sure you’ll gain the confidence you need to bet on the CPL today!
Top 5 CPL betting sites in India
About Caribbean Premier League (CPL)
The Caribbean Premier League, or better known as the CPL is an annual Twenty20 cricket event. It is the premier international cricket competition in the Caribbean involving Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies, Guyana.
This event was founded by the West Indies in 2013 to replace the Caribbean Twenty20. It was created to fill the void left by the elimination of the Stanford 20/20 event when its founder Allen Stanford was arrested in 2009 for fraud.
The WICB together with FICA and WIPA organized the T20 league in such a way that it would be an event divided between a group phase of 6 teams and a knockout stage. In the group stage, each team plays 10 matches in total, of which 3 are mandatory away matches.
The teams that make up the CPL are Barbados Royals, Guyana Amazon Warriors, Jamaica Tallawahs, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots, St Lucia Kings, Trimbago Knight Riders.
Sponsors and broadcasters
The CPL is also known as Hero CPL, as its main sponsor is Hero Motorcorp, a motorbike and scooter manufacturing company in India.
In terms of broadcasting, we must say that this is one of the most televised events in cricket, apart from the ICC and the IPL. You can find it on any sports channel. For example on BT Sport, FOX Sports, ESPN, and CNC3 to name a few.
Caribbean Premier League – CPL teams
To bet on the CPL you need to know the teams. You already know that there are 6 of them, but we want to go a little deeper into each of them in brief:
They have won in two seasons (2014 and 2019), finished second in 2015 and performed dismally the rest of the seasons finishing between 5th and 6th place.
And their strength lies in only 4 international players from other franchises. In our opinion, their biggest weakness is the batting line up, leaving all the responsibility on a couple of batsmen.
Guyana Amazon Warriors
They have not yet been crowned champions, but their performance has been quite good. They have finished second on 5 occasions (2013, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2019). They have finished third in 2015, 2017 and 2020. And fourth place in 2021.
And that’s because in their team are the brightest stars in cricket, from the West Indies team. However, their performance is unpredictable in both batting and bowling.
Two-time champions (2013 and 2016). Finished third in 2014 and fourth in 2016, 2017 and 2020. And their great performance has been due to the best T20 player in the world: Andre Russell in their ranks. But, this dependence and lack of balance has meant that the team has failed to win the crown.
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
They started participating in the CPL in 2015 as a replacement for Antigua Hawksbills. Their first two seasons, as well as the 2020 season, they finished in last place. In 2017 they finished 2nd, 3rd in 2017 and 4th in 2018.
In 2021 they were crowned CPL champions. This has been due to the fact that over the years they have improved their batting line up. However, their batting line up is still somewhat weak and they have players who tend to get injured and take long breaks.
St Lucia Kings
His performance has been consistent in competition, finishing between 4th and 6th place most of the time. But in 2020 and 2020 they have finished in second place. And this has been because their squad has players who hit and bowl, but none of them is a one-position all-star.
Trimbago Knight Riders
Perhaps the best team in the CPL. They have won 4 times (2015, 2017, 2018 and 2020) and finished third in 2016, 2019 and 2021.) Their team focuses on having single position stars for both batting and bowling, which has ensured that both fronts are strong.
How to choose the best CPL betting site?
Betting on the CPL is like betting on the IPL or any other cricket event. You should choose online bookmakers that are not only available to Indian players and allow you to bet in rupees, but also meet other key factors. And while we have given you our top picks, you should always look out for:
License, reputation, and security
The license must be from a recognized body such as UKGC, MGA, or Gibraltar Authorities, be current, and easy to find.
Security certificates are key to safe surfing. In the URL, if they have a little padlock, you will be able to see what they are and their status. Reputation can be assessed through reviews and social media opinion matrices.
CPL markets, and odds
It may seem strange, but not all online cricket betting sites offer CPL betting. And in some cases, the odds and markets are poor. So our advice here is to check that the odds are good and that the betting markets are wide and varied so that you can put together a good betting strategy.
Bonuses, and promotions
Here we assess quantity and quality. It is not enough that you offer a welcome bonus. You must also offer permanent and varied bonuses for regular players. Furthermore, they must have low or no rollover at all, and a long expiry time (at least 3 days) in order to be used.
Always look for sites that allow you to gamble no matter where you log in from. CPL betting apps or mobile version websites. And make sure that the app can be downloaded from the official app shop so that there is no risk of downloading malicious apps.
Top 3 CPL betting sites with higher payouts
We have listed some options for you because it is always good to register with more than one sportsbook. But we want to leave you with our experts’ selection for having higher payouts and more betting markets. These are:
It is the largest in Asia and where you will find the most CPL betting markets. But it is also among the selection because:
- Offers bonuses and promotions according to the season.
- Available in Hindi.
- Pre-match betting and live betting are available with live HD streaming.
- Rupees, as well as for cryptocurrencies, are supported.
With an impeccable reputation and a long track record to back it up, we couldn’t leave Betway out. And our reasons for including it include:
- Attractive bonuses and offers for regular players.
- Live match betting with 4K live streaming.
- Variety of markets, attractive odds, and “ContruBet” for creating combo bets.
It is our third choice because it focuses on audiences across Asia, especially in India. Its salient features include:
- Daily top-up bonuses with fair terms and conditions.
- Extensive cricket betting markets, including CPL and attractive odds.
- Native apps are available for Android and iOS.
How to bet on CPL Cricket online?
Maybe, if you are new to the world of online betting this is a question you may be asking yourself. But don’t worry! It’s super easy, just follow the steps below:
- Register at a CPL betting site. You can use any of our recommendations.
- Go to banking, and click on deposits. If you are offered a welcome bonus and you want it, now is the time to claim it.
- Choose an option and deposit the money.
- When it loads your balance, go to “Sports” and select Cricket.
- Search for CPL or Caribbean Premier League and watch the matches. Choose one
- Choose your betting market and odds. Also, enter the amount to bet.
- Click on bet and you’re done!
Latest predictions of CPL betting
To be able to put together a successful CPL betting strategy you must do a lot of research. This research includes predictions. We have studied every team and today we bring you our CPL 2022 predictions:
CPL 2022 group stage prediction
The Trinbago Knight Riders have the strongest squad, so they are expected to make it to the semi-finals, just like Guyana Amazon Warriors, who have always made it to the semi-finals throughout the history of the CPL.
On the other hand, Barbados Royals have brought in strong players like Kyle Mayers and Hayden Walsh to their squad, which is expected to help them get out of their losing streak.
CPL 2022 playoff prediction
Those we expect to go to the final are: Trinbago Knight Riders, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Guyana Amazon Warriors and St Lucia Kings.
CPL 2022 final prediction
Looking at the history of the fixtures, for the final we have three teams and not two: Trinbago Knights Riders, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, and St Lucia Kings. And this since all 3 teams have performed excellently over the last few years.
What are the best CPL Players for betting in 2022?
The CPL 2022 featured players include:
- Kieron Pollard, the TKR captain and in turn, West Indies captain.
- Andre Fletcher, top order batsman, from SLK and considered one of the best players in the CPL as well as the T20.
- Chris Gayle, current SNP player, is a star player with a successful track record.
- Andre Russell, a JT, with a batting average of 44.40, is another star in world cricket and one of the best cricketers in the world.
Winning tips for CPL betting
Our mission here includes giving you tips to help you bet on the CPL successfully this 2022. Here’s what our experts recommend:
- Check the predictions, the different markets and the history of each team before you bet.
- Register with several bookies to compare odds and choose the best one.
- Place small bets to maximise your budget.
- Create a betting budget before the season starts.
- Opt for live betting. These offer improved odds and wider markets.
- Turn on event news notifications, as some squads have players who are frequently injured.
- Avoid betting on players who are not in strong teams. The more a player plays, the more likely he will be selected as the best player of the match or event.
Best CPL betting odds
Betting odds are what indicate how much you could win in case your prediction is correct. Hence the importance of choosing high odds to bet on the CPL.
Yet, there is a key detail. The higher the odds, the higher the chance that the event will NOT happen.
Thus, it is necessary to find a balance and assess that the odds are more or less balanced. In particular, there are two sites that offer incredible decimal odds:
- Fun88, with odds ranging from 1 to 5.
- Betway, although it depends on the market, you can find odds from 1.20 to 20!
What are the important features of CPL betting sites?
The markets for betting on the CPL, and cricket events in general, are super wide. These can vary from one online betting site to another. Yet, our options will point to the fact that you should include in your betting strategy at least 1 of these four options that we will talk about:
Winner of the match
It may be obvious what it’s about, but you have to predict who is going to win the game. Ideally, for this, you should look at previous matches to try to predict who will be the winner. Also, as an extra tip, you can place the bet in the second half of the match.
Winner of the League
In this one, our suggestion is that you place your pre-match bet when the semi-finals are approaching, or even on the day of the final. This way, you have already had time to see the performance of the teams throughout the league.
Top batsman and/or top bowler
Here, the ideal is to see the star players of each team and try to predict who will be the men of the event. In addition, here you can bet on the player of the match, or player of the event. The latter is proclaimed after the final and the player’s overall performance in the CPL is evaluated.
CPL betting bonuses
If you are wondering if there are any bonuses for CPL betting, the answer is yes! Although they vary from site to site and have particular terms, mainly you will be able to use:
- Welcome bonuses. Valid for new players and consists of a bonus that matches your first deposit at 100% or more.
- Reload bonus. For regular players. Also known as a deposit bonus. Equivalent to a bonus that matches your deposit at a percentage ranging from 5% to 100%.
- High roller bonus. Designed for players who want to bet large sums of money. In many sites, it works as a high percentage deposit bonus.
- Free bet. It is often a single bet on a particular value for certain cricket matches and with special features (limiting markets and minimum odds value).
Caribbean Premier League betting markets
Although we’ve told you a little bit about the CPL, we’re missing something key. And that’s the top markets you can bet on. These are:
There are 34 games in total, and in each and every one of them you can bet on which team will win.
Toss winner of the CPL
It is a good opportunity for novice players or those who do not want to try too hard. This market can be done per match, or even for the whole event.
Totals can be bet over, under or even exact. Includes total innings, total runs, total balls batted, total overs…
Man of the match, CPL Top Batsman & CPL Top Bowler
This includes the top bowler per game, top bowler per season, top batsman per game, top batsman per season, top team, top wicketkeeper.
CPL betting apps
Today, thanks to technological advances, it is possible to bet on CPL through cell phones. In particular:
CPL betting apps for Android
Almost all betting sites have Android apps so you can bet on CPL from your mobile or tablet. They are easy to use and not too heavy. In addition, they maintain a similar interface to the website.
CPL betting apps for iOS
Available from the App Store, these are amazing apps. Very secure, they offer exclusive bonuses for CPL betting and the graphics are impressive.
What to bet on in the Caribbean Premier League?
With so many markets and so many options, you may feel overwhelmed. But stay calm! If you are a newbie, our recommendation for you to place your bets on the CPL include:
- Betting on the winning team of the match. Just look at each team’s squad, as well as the results in previous games to predict who might win.
- Bet on the star player of the season. Here you need to look up who the professional cricketers are and see which team they are on. It should be considered that they belong to teams with good chances of winning so that they have more time on the field and can qualify.
- League winner. If you already know the CPL and have seen the games before, this could be a good option. Ideally, if you make this bet in pre-match, you should consider placing it when they are in the semifinals.
CPL cricket live streaming
In our opinion, this is the best option for betting on cricket, regardless of whether it is the CPL, IPL or any other tournament. Online bookmakers such as Fun88, Spin Sports and Betway offer this possibility so that you can enjoy the match live.
You can watch the match with interactive tables or in direct transmission. You may also listen to the narration.
And another factor that makes CPL live betting the ideal choice is the odds and markets. These can vary and even improve as the match goes on, which encourages even more excitement and helps to improve your betting strategy, making you possibly win more money.
Latest winner teams of CPL
To help you learn a little more about the CPL, here are the results of the finals of each season to date:
|Season||Winners||Second place||Player of the series|
|1||Jamaica Tallawahs||Guyana Amazon Warriors||Krishmar Santokie (GAW)|
|2||Barbados Tridents||Guyana Amazon Warriors||Lendl Simmons (GAW)|
|3||Trinidad and Tobago||Barbados Tridents||Dwayne Bravo (Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel)|
|4||Jamaica Tallawahs||Guyana Amazon Warriors||Andre Russell (JT)|
|5||Trinbago Knight Riders||St Kitts & Nevis Patriots||Chadwick Walton (GAW)|
|6||Trinbago Knight Riders||Guyana Amazon Warriors||Colin Munro (TKR)|
|7||Barbados Tridents||Guyana Amazon Warriors||Hayden Walsh Jr. (TKR)|
|8||Trinbago Knight Riders||Saint Lucia Kings||Kieron Pollard (TKR)|
|9||St Kitts & Nevis Patriots||Saint Lucia Kings||Roston Chase (SLK)|
CPL vs IPL
You may be wondering if the CPL and IPL have differences as cricket leagues. And the answer is of course yes! Let’s see what they are:
- It is an international event where teams from the Caribbean participate. The teams are made up of local and international players.
- It has extensive international coverage around the world.
- Six international teams are participating.
- It is played in the middle of the year, between June and August each year and is the largest cricket event in the Caribbean.
- It is the Indian Premier League. It is a domestic cricket event where local teams with local players participate.
- It has coverage in most of Asia, Australia and some parts of Europe.
- Ten national teams representing 10 Indian cities are participating.
- It is played from March to May each year and is part of the ICC tour.
Latest CPL cricket news
To get the latest news on trends, developments, and other things about CPL, just subscribe to our blog. Although it’s best to check out our news section, some important details are:
- CPL 2022 is confirmed, which will be between June and August. In addition, the matches will be without spectators due to COVID measures.
- Curtly Ambrose joins the coaching staff of Jamaica Tallawahs for this 2022. And, Andre Coley will serve as an assistant coach.
- For the 2022 CPL, most of the games will be played on weekends. And only 16 will be in the middle of the week.
- The CPL and the University of the West Indies have teamed up to launch a sports marketing master class.
If I bet on IPL, can I bet on CPL?
Of course! The online bookmakers that we present to you have both events in their betting market.
Can I bet on the CPL if I live in India?
YES! International online betting sites offer both domestic and international cricket events for you to bet on.
Can I bet on the CPL for free?
With free bets. But, keep in mind that if you win, the winnings can be withdrawn only when you complete the wagering requirement of the promotion you used. And that means investing real money to bet on other events or sports.
Do all cricket betting sites offer CPL betting?
The ones we recommend do. But not all of them offer CPL among their options.
What do I need to bet on the CPL?
Money, an account at a CPL betting site and the desire to bet!
Are there 100% accurate CPL predictions?
No. These are only guesses based on aspects such as track record, player performance, weather and even the arena where they play. But the CPL, as well as other professional cricket events, can be unpredictable in some cases to decipher the final outcome.
Can I bet with bitcoin on the CPL?
Yes, if the site accepts cryptocurrencies, you can bet using bitcoin.
What payment options can I use to bet on CPL?
This depends on the site, but you will be able to use bank cards, cryptocurrencies, Paytm, GPay, Skrill, Neteller, etc.
Betting on the CPL is certainly interesting and exciting in equal parts. It is a new event for many, but one that is worth keeping an eye on when it comes to betting on international events.
Its extensive coverage will make it easy for you to get the information. In addition, the fact that it features international and well-known players makes each match even more exciting.
If you have already made up your mind, it is time to set up your strategy and start betting on the different portals that are starting to open their pre-match betting markets. Let the taste of the Caribbean enter you through cricket!