It is impossible to talk about the Indian Premier League without making mention of the Chennai Super Kings. The team has, in the last decade, made a solid name for itself in the game of cricket.
Their relatively consistent pattern has made them a good team to bet on, and if that’s something that interests you, then you can choose any betting platform from our list and win real money today.
However, if you are still not certain what this team is onto, then you may want to see more on their winning streak dating back to the creation of the team.
Bet On Chennai Super King with India’s Top bookmakers
History of the Chennai Super Kings
Chennai Super Kings, also fondly called CSK, was formally launched in 2008 as an Indian-based cricket team. The auction of players kicked off later that same year, and that was when the team acquired Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was the most expensive player the team had at the time. Dhoni was then appointed as the team’s coach, and that hasn’t changed in the last 12 years.
Having signed some of the best players in Indian cricket, CSK went on to win the Indian Premier League title in 2010, and they repeated the same feat the year after. Their winning streak was cut short when the team was suspended in 2015 when the owners were accused of getting their hands stained in a betting issue.
It was in this same year that the team’s first vice-captain, Suresh Raina, left. Suresh had been one of the team’s greatest asset with the highest number of runs caps to his name. This ban lasted until 2017, and when they made a comeback the following year, they did it big. The team clinched the IPL title for the third time, making them a force to contend with.
The team is easily recognized by their blue and yellow colors but most especially by their worth. As of last year, CSK was said to be the second most valuable franchise in the Indian Premier League, being valued for an average of $104 million.
Overview of Chennai Super Kings
The team has xxx players signed under its name, and most of these players have been on the team for a really long time. MS Dhoni himself has been on the team since its creation, which perhaps explains their winning pattern.
Here, we take a look at all the xxx players, their roles in the team and their style of play to help you better understand why they would be a great team to place your first bet.
And of course, we encourage you to use the casinos in our top, which you will find throughout the article, and where you will have the best options in terms of betting platforms.
Choosing any of the ones shown here, you can be assured that they have been authorized to provide betting services by agencies such as the MGA.
|Name of player||Nationality||Role||Batting Style||Bowling Style|
|MS Dhoni||Indian||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|Shane Watson||Australian||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Dwayne Bravo||Trinidad||All-rounder||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|Harbhajan Singh||Indian||Spinner||Right-handed||Off break|
|Ambati Rayudu||Indian||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm off-break|
|Imran Tahir||Indian||Spinner||Right-handed||Right-arm leg spin|
|Faf du Plessis||South African||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm leg break|
|M Vijay||Indian||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm off-break|
|Sam Curran||English||All-rounder||Left-handed||Left-arm medium-fast|
|Mitchell Santner||New Zealand||All-rounder||Left-handed||Slow Left-arm orthodox|
|Monu Singh||Indian||All-rounder||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|N Jagadeesan (wk)||Indian||Batsman||Right-handed|
|Ruturaj Gaikwad||Indian||Batsman||Right-handed||Right-arm off-break|
|Lungi Ngidi||South African||Fast Bowler||Right-handed||Right-arm fast|
|Deepak Chahar||Indian||Fast Bowler||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|Kedar Jadhav||Indian||All-rounder||Right-handed||Right-arm off-break|
|KM Asif||Indian||Fast Bowler||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|Ravindra Jadeja||Indian||All-rounder||Left-handed||Slow Left-arm orthodox|
|Piyush Chawla||Indian||Spinner||Left-handed||Right-arm leg break|
|Josh Hazlewood||Australian||Fast Bowler||Left-handed||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Shardul Thakur||Indian||Fast Bowler||Right-handed||Right-arm medium|
|Ravisrinivasan Sai||Indian||Spinner||Left-handed||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Karn Sharma||Indian||Spinner||Left-handed||Leg break googly|
Quick Tips to bet on CSK Team
Everyone knows that betting is a game of chance, but with proper analysis and strategy, the chances of winning could be relatively higher. Here are some betting tips that may favor the odds when placing your money on IPL betting.
- CSK understands that winning every game is now critical for them following their recent streak of losses. This should propel the team to be more strategic and determined going forward, thus making their probability of winning a tad higher.
- The team’s all-rounder, Sam Curran, fared remarkably well in a large percentage of their matches, especially the T20 World Cup, and with a good plan, CSK may hold on to victory again.
- The Kings won their last match against the Sunrisers Hyderabad, and this could serve as a good sign.
- Lately, the support from the other all-rounders on the field has been relatively low, and their attitude towards the upcoming matches would determine if things stay this way or improve.
- One factor that could positively Impact CSK’s game is the slowing down of the pitches. If this is maintained, then the team would have higher chances of winning more games this year.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) past performance
We’ve already stated that CSK has a record of winning most of its matches, but at this point, we would quickly expand on these wins and when they happened. There would, however, be a two-year gap in the records not because they lost all the matches in that season but because of the ban, the team received in 2015.
|Year of winning||Matches Won|
|2010||Champions League Twenty20|
|2010||Indian Premier League|
|2011||Indian Premier League|
|2014||Champions League Twenty20|
|2018||Indian Premier League|
It took the team over a hundred matches to win these titles. Some years had them cruising quite smoothly to victory, and others had them barely making it to the finals, but we would be settling on their victories today.
|Year||Number of matches played||Wins||Win percentage (%)|
In 2009 and 2012, the team had one abandoned match each.
From the records, it is almost apparent what the team’s strengths and losses are. This information should further assist you in placing a bet on the team. If for any reason, you still doubt betting on the CSK team, then you may want to pay attention to the next section.
Why choose CSK Team to bet on?
Besides the fact that the team has the longest winning streak in the IPL, there are a couple of other reasons why the team would be a good choice for a safe bet. We’ve summarized some of them here.
But if you already want to find out for yourself, we invite you to choose one of the platforms listed here and win with their bonuses and your picks. .
- One obvious reason is the fact that the team’s coach, MS Dhoni, is the best when it comes to Indian cricket. He has been able to keep a record that is yet unmatched, therefore making CSK a very worthy choice for betting.
- With the recent developments in the T20 IPL, such as the slowing down of pitches, CSK may just be the perfect choice for your coins.
- The team has managed to make a fairly good comeback following their losses earlier this year, and from all indications, they don’t look like they would be backing down anytime soon.
- A good number of their opponents have not been able to match their level of skill in years. The only contenders that look like threats are Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals, but they aren’t in any way out of CSK’s league.
What to avoid before placing bet online on CSK
There is no rigid pattern when it comes to online cricket betting, and as much as everything is left to chance, there are a few factors that could save you heartache when betting on a team like CSK.
- One big mistake you should avoid making is nurturing the idea that the audience’s favorite would win. A team could be a favorite because of a winning streak, but sports betting is always a game of chance, and anything could happen at any time. Players could make mistakes, coaches could make unexpected changes to the lineup, and the best players could get injured. You could do yourself a favor study the game plan than rely on audience polls.
- Do not hurriedly place a bet without knowing the players that would be on the pitch. Sometimes, a player may get substituted or not be able to play due to injury, and this could affect the overall performance of the team during a game. It would help to check out the formation of players before each game as this would assist you in making informed decisions.
- Another factor to avoid is betting with emotions on the line. CSK has made a name for itself in the IPL, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t spring up surprises on you at any time. You should, therefore, not solely depend on your trust or admiration for MS Dhoni or Sam Curran when placing an online bet on the Kings.
- Seeing your team win a match, you placed a bet on could be exciting, but you may want to give it a break. Teams win, and teams lose, and if your favorite team loses multiple times in a row, you may be left broke. So, study the teams, their strategy, and their recent games before putting your money on the line.
This information has awakened your passion for this team? don’t waste another minute! Choose your preferred platform here and place your bets on sports matches.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
The team was bought as a franchise for a sum of $91 million by Indian Cements, and they had to transfer the franchise later in 2014 to Chennai Super Kings Ltd.
MS Dhoni, unarguably. The CSK coach has led the team to eight finals at the IPL and three IPL titles. Additionally, he has won 104 of the 174 matches he has played with the team. No other coach in the IPL has been able to beat that.
The team received a two-year ban when Gurunath and Kundra—two of their top officials—were said to have been involved in a betting case.
If sports gods were chosen by their records, then this would no doubt be MS Dhoni.
CSK faced the Mumbai Indians at the opening of the IPL 2020, and MS Dhoni took his spot on the field as a batsman. He would be playing with the team in the rest of their matches at the IPL 2020.
For some strange reason, a couple of people have their money on Delhi Capitals, but nobody can say for sure who would be taking home the title in 2022
Not yet. The CSK coach has confirmed that he would be playing with the team come IPL 2021.
If the team wins the three matches ahead of them by a wide margin, then they would be able to make it to the playoffs.
Having seen the history, present and future predictions of the Super Kings, you should now be able to make informed decisions when placing your bet on the best platforms at the moment on IPL matches.
The 2022 hasn’t been particularly nice to the team, but the team has the power to turn all that they’ve been through in this season to their favor.
Whatever happens this season amongst the IPL teams would make history in the world of Indian cricket concerning all the hurdles everyone had to face this year, and any team that succeeds in holding the title would forever see it as a bragging right. The Mumbai players look like they came to win, and so does the Delhi team.
Chennai is somewhere in the middle of the scale, but it wouldn’t be so much of a surprise if they make it to the finals and even win the league.