Introduced in 2016, UPI (Unified Payment Interface) is a banking gateway that’s rapidly gaining popularity in India. It allows Indian players to seamlessly complete online transactions to bet for money. More so, it facilitates funds transfer between betting sites and banks.
You can download the UPI mobile app to enjoy a modern and secure way to complete payments. Fortunately, betting with UPI on the online platforms mentioned here allows Indian players to enjoy one-click authentication and availability at all times.
At the same time, they receive bonuses after making deposits and leeway to become VIP members. Join one of them today and take advantage of UPI services.
In this post, you’ll learn all you need to know about UPI banking and how to bet online with the payment method. Still, you will find out about some of the bonuses you can get while depositing cash via UPI-supported channels. But first, consider signing up at our other recommended sites to bet and play casino games with incentives.
What is UPI?
UPI or Unified Payments Interface is a banking system supported by over 150 Indian banks. This top-rated payment platform enables users to request and send money instantly from and to their bank without issues. It is also available on mobile, and all you need is a UPI ID and PIN to transfer cash.
Notably, the UPL payment system is similar to the popular IMPS but more convenient. Users can send money using a QR code, their phone number, or VPA (a bank tag) instead of typing a complete account number. The Virtual Payments Address (VPA) enhances smooth transactions from UPI betting sites to your Indian bank account with a bank tag.
How to use UPI to bet online?
If you’re yet to bet online using UPI and wish to know how to go about it, here’s a quick guide to help you. However, you should ensure you have an account at a financial institution supporting UPI transactions and a mobile number linked to it.
- Step 1: Look for a good, legitimate betting site like the ones you’ll find on our suggested list. They have been verified by betting experts and have the backing of entities that certify their transparency, such as the MGA.
- Step 2: Create an account. You should click on “Register,” “Sign Up,” or anything similar and input your details as requested in the form that appears. Your details are entirely safe, so no cause for worries. The law requires sportsbooks to request these details, including your birth date, home address, and name.
- Step 3: After creating an account, wait for it to be verified. That will be subject to the besting site you join. From there, log into your account to deposit some money by navigating the Cashier or the Deposit area.
- Step 4: Select the payment method on the Deposit/Cashier page to load cash. Multiple transaction channels will appear, including bank transfers, e-wallets, and cards. Pick your preferred option and enter the amount of money you wish to load in the space provided. The daily maximum deposit limit is Rs 1akh.
- Step 5: Click on the continue button. You will be redirected to a payment gateway (secured).
- Step 6: Verify your chosen depositing channel via the one-time password (OTP) you receive. Achieving that will create a VPA. Enter it on the provided field and make a UPI PIN. You can use an IFSC code or a QR code. Once you’re through, you can confirm the transaction by opening your UPI app.
- Step 7: Your payment should instantly appear in your betting account, which implies that you can start placing bets right away. You will get a welcome bonus in any of the online casinos suggested here. And, depending on the amount of cash you deposit.
Yet, ensure to check the terms and conditions before claiming it.
Some traits of Indian Sportsbook that accepts UPI payments
An excellent sportsbook to bet with UPI payment should possess some traits to allow seamless transactions and betting. Below are some of the things you should assess before signing up:
A good gaming site provides players with betting information. Frankly, online sports betting requires intensive research, and the best bookies assist bettors in placing bets. They provide free picks, sports-related portal links, newsletters, and other helpful services.
Great player incentives are essential. Bookie giveaways can come as VIP point rewards, welcome bonuses, re-load bonuses, 5 percent juice bonuses, and more. There should also be different periodic promotions.
A great sportsbook should have attractive odds, where you can get bets with the most lenient stake. Odd less than 1.5 are often unprofitable even if you win the bet. Therefore, go for these with the potential of rewarding decently.
The professionalism of the customer support staff is essential. It reassures bettors the site can be trusted, and they can get solutions to problems speedily. The sportsbook provides knowledgeable customer support agents who will handle every question politely and efficiently.
The site should offer a broad range of betting opportunities and events. Most premium bookies always cover multiple leagues for different sports. Some examples of standard betting options include futures, teasers, parlays, etc. However, note that the choices will vary based on the game you pick.
Since you’re dealing with money, it feels relaxing to know your funds are secure and safe at a betting site that provides fair games, pays out when due, and operates legally. Fortunately, you can trust the platforms found here, as all of them have a great reputation and will keep your data and money safe. Sign up for one now!
How to deposit and withdraw money with UPI on an online betting site?
Depositing funds on a sportsbook via UPI is both easy and fast. After doing it the first time, you’ll realize how straightforward the process is. Withdrawing cash also involves few steps. Below are the steps:
- Step 1: Login and navigate to the betting site’s Deposit area, usually labeled Banking, Deposit, or my account.
- Step 2: Choose your preferred payment method, which is UPI, in this case.
- Step 3: The site will redirect you to a new page, where you can see the sportsbook’s UPI ID (VPA). Copy it.
- Step 4: You will find a field to input the amount you want to deposit. Fill in the amount.
- Step 5: Log in to your UPI account, paste the sportsbooks UPI in the space required, type in the same amount, and send. The betting site should receive the money instantly, though they’ll need to credit your account.
You can speed up the process by uploading a payment proof, a transfer receipt in your UPI account that proves you transferred money to the sportsbook site. If you’re yet to see the money in your betting account after 1 hour, contact the site’s customer representative, and they’ll ensure you get credited as soon as possible.
- Step 1: Sign in to the sportsbook get to the cashier page.
- Step 2: Select the withdraw icon.
- Step 3: Choose UPI as the withdrawal method.
- Step 4: Type the amount you want to withdraw.
- Step 5: Input your bank details, including the account number and the IFSC code (11 digits).
- Step 6: Click on withdraw.
Note that you cannot withdraw your winnings using UPI if you didn’t deposit via UPI. However, if you deposited via a different payment platform, and want to cash out through UPI, send some funds to the sportsbook using UPI. Once the deposit is successful, you can now withdraw all your earnings through UPI.
Why most Indian players bet online using UPI payments?
UPI is a valuable tool in every Indian online sportsbook bettor’s arsenal. It’s India’s most widely accepted banking system. While it doesn’t feature the most institutive user-interface, it’s pretty easy to use than some other platforms. Here are some of the reasons why most Indian bettors bet online with UPI payments:
- UPI processes transactions faster than several card/bank options.
- The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) regulation makes the payment method secure and safe.
- Each transaction fee can be as low as 0.50 Indian Rupees.
- It’s specifically created to cater to only Indians using rupees.
- It’s rapidly gaining popularity among the best betting sites in India.
- Deposits made with UPI are usually eligible for welcome bonuses on UPI betting sites.
Tips to bet online in India with UPI
Using UPI for payments is straightforward. However, there are some steps users need to take to remain safe and get the best of this payment method. Here a few expert tips to bet online using UPI in India:
Avoid sharing your UPI wallet details with any third-party, including your UPI PIN. Getting this into the wrong hands will result in severe damage.
Ensure to take a closer look at the terms and conditions of betting bonuses whenever you consider taking advantage of them.
Ensure to monitor your UPI account constantly so that you can quickly address any unverified or unexpected payments. Bookmakers usually state that some payment methods may not get rewarded. As such, UPI may be one of such restricted payment methods.
Consider that anyone who uses UPI for payments over 20 times in a month will pay a small charge. Hence, it may be wiser to keep your betting/sportsbook account credited for an extended period by processing more significant amounts.
It is recommendable staying away from open and free Wi-Fi networks when using UPI. It’s easy for others to access your details when you use your pc or smartphone on such networks.
Get Exclusive UPI Bonuses By Winning Bets In India
There are different kinds of bonuses to attract or retain players. You can get some after signing up or making deposits. Here are the major categories of offers you can expect from Indian sportsbooks that accept UPI:
This is the most common type of bonus you can get while betting via UPI in India. Every sportsbook offers welcome or signup bonuses when you create an account on their site. They do this to attract new customers and boost their bankroll.
It’s common for gamblers to lose some of their bets. Some bookies will give you a Cashback bonus on the lost bets, usually a percentage of your loss. They do this to keep their customers motivated and not leave betting permanently. The prize involves minimal risk, and regular bettors can benefit so much from it, especially during a special event.
Betting sites offer these bonuses to retain loyal customers. It usually involves the accumulation of loyalty points gained when you place bets. Players who have accumulated a fixed number of points can have them redeemed for free bets, cash, or any other kind of bonus.
After you have created an account and received a welcome bonus, many betting sites will reward you with a deposit bonus on your first deposit. Some even go ahead to reward you for making a second, third, and fourth deposit.
This bonus allows you to bet without losing your money. The sportsbook rewards you for free without making a deposit, mainly after meeting the wagering requirements like placing a bet on any event.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can claim bonuses using the payment methods. Most sportsbooks offer bonuses to Indian players. If these betting sites also accept UPI as a payment system, they will process the rewards via this method.
The payment method supports Indian banks, with Indian Rupee (INR) as the base currency. However, if a bettor makes transactions via other currencies, the money can be converted at a small fee, depending on the bank’s terms.
Transactions done with UPI are safe, whether via online banking or mobile app. They pass through various security lines before being processed. Due to the SSL encryption, hackers can’t access the system to steal users’ information.
The charges for UPI transactions differ and depend on the betting site and bank. Each transaction attracts an average fee of 0.5 Rupees, though some transactions are free of cost. Withdrawals usually attract fees, while deposits are mostly free of charge.
The UPI service is not available in all online casinos, as it’s not as common as the other platforms. Hence, if you’re looking to deposit with UPI, you need to look for a UPI casino.
UPI withdrawals are fast. Each process usually takes less than 30 minutes, but confirmation and disperse of funds may take a longer while — sometimes, a maximum of 3 business days.
Bettors can now enjoy instant fund transfers using UPI on their mobile devices. The best part is that a transaction between a betting site and the banks is entirely secure and private. It involves the use of a Virtual ID without having to share your login details. You can even access your different bank accounts using a single application.
However, we want you to remember that we have no ties or any UPI payment channel. Check the available options before using them. If you are looking for a betting site that accepts UPI, visit the platforms listed in this article and sign up to enjoy their juicy bonuses and games.